Hearing Loss Symptoms
Do you wonder if you have hearing loss?
Well, you’re not alone. Over 31 million Americans suffer from hearing loss — that’s one out of every ten people.
If you’re thinking you might have a hearing issue, there’s a fair chance you do. Hearing loss can affect anyone at any age. And, as we get older, changes to the delicate mechanics of our ears may create loss of hearing.
Only a hearing test by an audiologist or hearing care professional will tell you for sure. Schedule an appointment today for your FREE hearing screening.
The Warning Signs of Hearing Loss
If you experience these warning signs repeatedly or in any combination, it may indicate that you have loss of hearing:
- People seem to mumble more frequently.
- You experience ringing in your ears.
- You often ask people to repeat themselves.
- Your family complains that you play the radio or TV too loudly.
- You no longer hear normal household sounds, such as the dripping of a faucet or the ringing of a doorbell.
- You have difficulty understanding a conversation when in a large group or crowd.
- You have trouble understanding all the words in a conversation.
- You find telephone conversation increasingly difficult.
- You have trouble hearing when your back is turned to the speaker.
- You have been told you speak too loudly.
Any Age Can Lose Their Hearing
All of these symptoms are indicative of hearing loss. It’s not just people approaching senior age who can start to lose their hearing. Anyone who is constantly surrounded by loud sounds may start to experience hearing loss symptoms after so long. If you’re experiencing any of the above symptoms as a young adult, visiting a specialist can confirm that you’re losing your hearing. If you’re more of a senior citizen, losing your hearing isn’t unusual. Experiencing any of the listed symptoms can confirm it, but visiting a doctor is more of an official confirmation.
Get Your Hearing Back
If you think one or more of the above symptoms applies to you, go get your hearing checked out. Once it’s been diagnosed that you’re losing your hearing, they can supply you with a method to improve your hearing such as a hearing aid. This way you’ll be able to clearly hear the world around you again, and your hearing troubles will no longer be a minor nuisance to those around you.
Request a FREE Hearing Screening